• Become a Sistering Ambassador
• Learn and understand Sistering’s mission, policies, financial and legal responsibilities, materials provided by the Executive Director, Sistering’s community, community agencies, and the needs of the community
• Prepare for and attend monthly meetings
• Become a member of Sistering (there is no fee)
• Attend and support Sistering’s special events
• Participate in fundraising and networking activities
• Provide leadership and be a spokesperson for the agency
• Understand democratic processes and ability to work within a Modified Governance Model framework
• Actively participate for at least a three-year term
• Participate on at least one Board committee
• Bring skills, training and experience from professional, technical and community areas to provide counsel and advise the Board and agency • Demonstrate commitment to Sistering’s anti-oppression and feminist policies and service delivery models
Prepare for and attend 11 Board Meetings a year, for a minimum of a three-year term. Additional responsibilities include work and assignments to be prepared between meetings, fundraising and networking activities, attendance at special events and participation on at least one Board committee.
For information about applying for a Board of Directors position or to obtain a Board of Directors application package please contact Sistering’s Volunteers an Community Engagement Coordinator
Sistering has a number of committees that are comprised of Sistering staff, community, participants and Board volunteers.
• Learn and understand Sistering’s mission, policies, history, the community of women we serve, and materials provided by staff
• Prepare for and attend scheduled meetings
• Provide leadership to the committee
• Understand democratic processes
• Work collaboratively with others
• Actively participate in scheduled meetings for at least a one-year term
• Participate in external activities and events relevant to the committee’s work
• Bring skills, training and experience from professional, technical and community areas to provide expertise to the committee
• Demonstrate commitment to Sistering’s anti-oppression and feminist policies and service delivery models
Volunteers are asked to prepare for and attend committee meetings (some committees meet monthly, others meet based on a project basis) and support activities outside of committee meeting times, for a minimum term of one year.
Committee volunteers go through the general interview, screening and training process as do all volunteers who participate in Sistering’s volunteer program (see Volunteer Policy).
For more details, please contact Sistering’s Volunteers and Community Engagement Coordinator.