Student Eligibility Requirements
The student must be enrolled in a college or university program that requires them to complete a certain number of hours in their field of study in order to graduate. The student’s academic institution must be registered and in good standing with the Ontario Ministry of Training, Colleges, and Universities or their appropriate regional governing body. For those seeking education in a regulated field, the student’s degree or diploma program must be recognized by an appropriate regulatory body. Recognition can be through:
- Program accreditation, where it is a standard in the field (e.g. Social Work, Nursing)
- Eligibility for certification with the appropriate professional body (e.g. Counselling, Child and Youth Workers, Addictions and Mental Health Workers)
- Approval by the appropriate professional body (e.g. Social Service Workers)
Student practicum positions will be posted periodically as they become available. If you do not see the type of placement you are looking for, please check this page regularly to see new student placement postings. Students may only apply for a specific opportunity that is posted on our website; the Student Placement Program does not accept general applications. We accept Student Placements in the following areas:
- 24 hour Women’s Drop In
- Community Case Support (Housing and Outreach)
- Harm Reduction
- Mental Health and Peer Program
- Community Kitchen
- Review the positions available and apply to one specific position using the Sistering Student Placement Application Form.
- Top candidates will be selected for an interview with the field instructors. It may take several weeks to be contacted for an interview, depending on the number of applications received. Please note that due to the large volume of applications, we are able to contact only those candidates who are selected for an interview.