Help us change lives, one woman at a time
You want to make a tangible difference in the lives of Toronto’s marginalized women—poor, homeless or at risk of becoming homeless, socially isolated, and often dealing with mental health issues—because you believe that regardless of her circumstances, every woman deserves a hot meal, a shower, a change of clothes and a respectful welcome. You want to join the team at Sistering.
Current Staff Opportunities
The following positions fall under the Canada Summer Jobs Program and applicants must be below 30 years of age and legally eligible to work in Canada to apply:
- Communications Assistant: The Communications Assistant will support the Senior Communications and Development Associate to build Sistering’s online engagement through its website and social media along with support with fundraising events and the development of communication materials.
- Community Engagement Assistant: Supporting the Spun Administrator and the Community Engagement Associate, the Community Engagement Associate will include organize activities and events for Sistering participants as well as support volunteers and community partners.
- Development Assistant: The Development Assistant will support the fundraising team to solicit, track, and steward donors and funders, including assisting with events, updating donor database, and assisting with in-kind donations
- Program Assistant, Special Projects: (2 Positions Available) The Program Assistants will support with all new and existing programs taking place. This will include administrative, research, and data collection.
Please apply according to the instructions listed in the respective job posting. Deadline to apply for all Canada Summer Job opportunities is Monday, June 22nd.
Current Board Opportunities
We are currently accepting applications from community members interested in serving on our Board of Directors. Directors commit to a minimum of three years on a volunteer basis.
Deadline to apply is June 19th, 2020. If you have any questions, please contact Aoife Mallon at firstname.lastname@example.org
Experience Social Justice In Action
Sistering is committed to providing meaningful learning opportunities to students enrolled in a wide range of programs, particularly in the field of social service, social work, public health, nursing and other related fields. This application process is not for students who wish to volunteer on their own time, or for students looking for paid work. For jobs/volunteering opportunities check our volunteers and/or career sections. Unless otherwise specified, all placements are unpaid. Student practicum positions will be posted periodically as they become available. If you do not see the type of placement you are looking for, please check this page regularly to see new student placement postings. Students may only apply for a specific opportunity that is posted on our website; the Student Placement Program does not accept general applications..
Student Eligibility Requirements
The student must be enrolled in a college or university program that requires them to complete a certain number of hours in their field of study in order to graduate. The student’s academic institution must be registered and in good standing with the Ontario Ministry of Training, Colleges, and Universities or their appropriate regional governing body. For those seeking education in a regulated field, the student’s degree or diploma program must be recognized by an appropriate regulatory body. Recognition can be through:
- Program accreditation, where it is a standard in the field (e.g. Social Work, Nursing)
- Eligibility for certification with the appropriate professional body (e.g. Counselling, Child and Youth Workers, Addictions and Mental Health Workers)
- Approval by the appropriate professional body (e.g. Social Service Workers)
We are currently not accepting any student placements.